|Job Location:||Fayetteville, AR|
Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) is a small business whose core purpose is to create insight through spatial technology. This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading GIS consulting organizations. We are looking for technical people that want to tackle those tough to solve problems and love delivering solutions. If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit your resume using the link below.
Role: Solutions Engineer
Role Summary: The Solutions Engineer provides support for the implementation of enterprise GIS. The role is responsible for assessments and recommendations, data analysis, data modeling, web service creation, application testing and troubleshooting, system administration and configuration, application deployment, documentation, end user support and training.
- Lead needs assessments/requirements meetings and document solutions for GIS enterprise use
- Perform enterprise software installation and performance tuning services
- Installation and configuration of ArcGIS Server versions on multiple hardware servers
- Create mapping, imagery and data services
- Assisting us with GIS data migration to enterprise GIS.
- Developing and implementing standards for data input and maintenance
- Gathering and documenting functional requirements for applications and system integrations
- Configuring GIS applications for different groups upon request
- Utilizing GPS equipment to collect, edit, and upgrade facility and asset locations
- Create products and models using Model Builder, Python scripting and/or process automation
- Provide/write GIS system technical recommendations, standard operating procedures, administrative and help documents for clients and technical teams
- Assess customer's existing GIS environments and recommend areas for improvements in application technology, system performance, and software migration plans
- Communicate with architects and developers to successfully deploy custom solutions
- Write and execute test plans
- Troubleshoot solution errors and support end users
- Present system design information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Train users on the use and adoption of GIS technologies
Competencies and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Esri software, with special emphasis on ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Server, Portal, Data Store, Web Adaptor)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze business processes and systems and migrate to/integrate with geospatial systems
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field*
- Two or more years of enterprise-level GIS technology experience**
- Demonstrated experience integrating multiple enterprise technologies in an enterprise environment
- Scripting or programming experience (e.g. Python, SQL, or HTML)
- Experience in consulting, solution design, software configuration, and operational support
- Candidates might be required to obtain a security clearance and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Additional experience can be substituted for education
** Additional education can be substituted for years of experience
Ideal (in addition to required experience):
- Installation and configuration of RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and ArcGIS Server
- Location: Fayetteville, AR metro area - client site
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.